Skip to content
How to factory wipe without console cable (Pinhole reset only) using status lights to track progress.
- Elapsed time 0s: Insert press reset and hold for 6 seconds
- Both power and status will light/flash amber
- The status light will go back to green after about 6 seconds, release of pin at that time
- Elapsed time 5 to 6s: Wait 2 to 3 seconds
- Elapsed time 8 to 9s: Insert pin a second time and hold for 6 seconds
- If timing is proper, status will flash red instead of amber.
- Holding too longer or too short cancels reset
- If both power and status flash amber at same time you missed timing, wait a few seconds and start over from step 1\
- Elapsed time 14 to 15s: On release, power should be green, status will switch from red to orange to green fairly quickly
- Connect LAN cable to port 0/2
- Assign manual ip to NIC range 192.168.1.0/24
- Navigate to http://192.168.1.1
- Username: netscreen
- Password: netscreen